As a REALTOR since 2002, I’m humbled and proud to share that I’ve just earned the 2022 Evergreen Award provided by a select committee with the National Association of REALTORS®. This year there are 4 winners, probably due to the vast number of submissions!
The qualifications are as follows:
- As a NAR GREEN REALTOR®, dedication to green lifestyle and work-style
- Green industry skills based on training, competency, and experience
- Active participation in the Green REsource Council, other professional associations, and in community organizations
- Commitment to the advancement of the green building industry and its practice
- Creative implementation of green events, practices, or habits in the office or community
In 2007, the National Association of REALTORS® announced that one of the many speakers at the November, 2007 national convention in Las Vegas was a realtor from California. This realtor was an EcoBroker. Intrigued, I read her bio and what she would be speaking about.
Immediately, upon signing up to attend this convention in Las Vegas, I saw that she had created her own website with vendors for consumers, started a networking group for tradesmen in energy efficiency/sustainability, and was involved in other public events.
That realtor inspired with me with her work ethic, her tenacity in the face of adversity, how she endeavored to help people with indoor air quality issues, chemical sensitivity, and working to market and gain value for energy efficient and sustainable features in homes she sold. She was a bright, well spoken speaker!
Listening to her inspired me so much that, after leaving the convention, I immediately signed up for the course. I earned my first green designation as an EcoBroker in April, 2008. 24 chapters, tests, essays and all were reviewed by the founder, Dr John Beldock. It was very interesting and gave me a well-rounded insight into what all was included as an EcoBroker.
Then NAR came out with their own designation, GREEN shortly thereafter. Earning that designation in 2014 was icing on the cake!
Thank you to those that supported me through countless projects:
- Greening our Arizona Regional MLS
- Fund raising and hosting appraiser courses
- Projects and home tours with US Green Building Council
- Fellow Green Chamber member activities;
- Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®, founding the first Sustainability Committee at a REALTOR® Association
- Forms committee contributions, Arizona Association of REALTORS ®
- My teaching partner, Dr. Daran Wastchak
- And all of the realtors that have taken my classes and public events I’ve taught and created since 2012!
- Earning the Master Certification for High Performance Homes by Dr. Daran Wastchak
It’s been quite a ride! I look forward to more projects and raising the bar for high performance homes!
If you’re selling your High Performance Home, please visit Green.Realtor to find an educated professional agent in your City and State!